Frequently Asked Questions
Bar Code Graphics (BCG) is a global independent company with more than forty years of expertise in auto-identification technologies. Our company is dedicated to promoting the use and implementation of GS1 and other related standards in supply chains that rely on the use of scannable symbols. BCG works with each component of a supply chain to promote a proactive approach toward efficiency.
- We have been printing barcode labels since 1988, and incorporate a rigid barcode quality assurance protocol which includes the use of ISO/ANSI barcode verification equipment to ensure that all labels produced have a minimum ISO/ANSI barcode print quality of ‘B’.
- BCG is a certified GS1 Solution Provider, and all labels we print adhere to the GS1 General Specifications.
- All raw materials used by BCG to produce barcode labels have been tested to be consistent and to meet industry specifications.
- Our labels are competitively priced and offer a great value to businesses, both small and large. We will match/beat competitors’ pricing in order to earn your business.
- Most orders will ship the SAME DAY they are received.
Where do I get my barcode number from?
Depends on type of barcode:
- GS1 Barcodes (UPC, GTIN) – Click Here
- ISBN – Click Here
- Contact BCG with any questions at email@example.com or 800.662.0701 x220.
Where can I learn more about barcodes?
Bar Code Graphics Inc’s corporate site has a great deal of information regarding all types of barcode symbols, for more info Click Here
Who can I contact/call if I have any questions regarding barcodes?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.662.0701 x220
What is a barcode label?
A sticker with a barcode, printed on variety of media.
BCG stocks 2 types of white labels:
- Standard paper-based label with a permanent adhesive, available in a variety of sizes.
- Water resistant (polypropylene) label, permanent adhesive, available in a variety of sizes.
Do labels come on rolls or sheets?
We offer labels on sheets and rolls.
There are advantages/disadvantages with each:
- Rolls can be loaded into labeling devices and can be easier to apply on large numbers of items.
- Labels on sheets are made with a more permanent aggressive rubber-based adhesive. Sheets are also ideal for small quantities of labels per version.
Can you send samples?
Yes, we’d be more than happy to send samples. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know what size/type you’re interested in.
Do you offer labels which aren’t displayed online?
YES! We offer many other label sizes and types. Please contact us if you don’t see what you’re looking for. We are very flexible and easy to work with.
I have a lot of different items which need UPC codes – can I buy a handful of labels for different items?
Yes, we can print whatever you need. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an Excel file containing the data to be printed, or call us for pricing at 800.662.0701 x220.
Can you work with Data Driver (Data Driver is the GS1 online data management tool where many companies manage their UPC/GTIN data)?
YES! We can either login to your Data Driver account or you can forward us the EXPORT file.
What’s the return/cancellation policy regarding preprinted label orders?
- Bar Code Graphics, Inc. produces barcodes using a rigid quality assurance protocol which ensures the highest level of accuracy and service. Should we produce a barcode which does not meet your expectations, please contact us to immediately resolve the problem.
- Barcode label orders cannot be changed or cancelled once the labels have been printed. Orders may be modified or cancelled before they are printed.
- To request an order to be cancelled or changed, please contact email@example.com with your login name and order number. Bar Code Graphics, Inc. will confirm receipt of the email and notify the client if order has been printed.
What method of shipping is used to ship my order?
USPS (Priority), UPS, or FedEx (Express services)
How are freight charges calculated?
USPS orders are shipped for a FLAT RATE of $8.95 for orders up to $200.00 shipping to a US address.
UPS Ground orders are shipped for a FLAT RATE of $12.95 for all orders to the contiguous 48 states.
*For FedEx Express services and UPS 3 Day, 2 Day, and Next Day Air shipments, freight charges are calculated after the order is printed and packed and are based on the WEIGHT and SHIP TO LOCATION for the order. We strongly recommend providing us with either your UPS and/or FedEx account number for air shipments so your company is charged freight directly from UPS and/or FedEx.
No FedEx Ground service available.
Why can’t I see the freight cost online?
There are a lot of variables for determining freight cost. We are working on an online calculator, but in the meantime we would be happy to provide you a shipping quote if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I use my UPS or FedEx account #?
YES! You will be able to enter your shipping account # when ordering.
Can you ship my labels outside the United States?
Yes, we can ship anywhere that USPS Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEx Express services will allow. If shipping to a location outside of the U.S., we will need additional receiver contact info (phone number and email). We recommend using your UPS or FedEx account number when shipping internationally to minimize cost and simplify customs processing.
Can a label order be shipped to multiple addresses?
We can ship to multiple addresses, but the labels for each address should be entered on a separate order to ensure correct processing and shipping of your order.
At BCG our objective is to exceed our client’s expectations by providing superior custom printed labels with exceptional turnaround. Most orders ship within 1 business day.
When will my label order ship?
Most orders ship within 1 business day after receipt.
When will I receive my labels?
Depends on the following:
- First time order?
- Proof required or requested?
- Method of shipping selected?
Can you expedite the processing of my order?
Yes, please contact us and we’ll do whatever we can to facilitate your needs.
Are labels verified for accuracy and print quality?
Yes! Bar Code Graphics, Inc. is a GS1 Solution Partner and we adhere to the ISO/ANSI guidelines regarding maintaining our printing equipment and quality assurance processes. We will replace, free of charge, any label that fails ISO/ANSI quality verification or does not accurately reflect the content provided.